Modifying content post export... possible

Topics related to using ToolBook for building web apps.

Modifying content post export... possible

Postby Robert Stevenson » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:02 pm

I have mistakenly for years used the AE to allow students to "resume" on exit. On a Moodle server this has meant that I have had to go in and manually reset the Scorm content anytime a student required to repeat a module (which unfortunately happens to be often). Thanks to this forum I have discovered that changing the code to not allow students to resume has taken care of problem but created a new one --- re-exporting hundreds of learning modules. I am curious if there might be away to simply access the packaged Toolbook export and modify the code and thus skip the re-export?
Robert Stevenson

Re: Modifying content post export... possible

Postby Clifton » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:09 pm

You probably can modify the content, however, the real problem will be with Moodle. Since it uses compressed zip files that are uploaded and extracted in a secure way on the server, it is not possible (at least not easily) to modify the course. The folders created by Moodle are cryptic names and there are many of them for each course uploaded.

Unfortunately, your only solution, will likely be to re-export and upload the courses. On the plus side, this is probably far easier than having to reset the courses for each student access. And perhaps, you can do only those courses that are most frequently accessed and the others as time permits.

Maybe someone else has a better solution—we can at least hope.
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to Web (DHTML) Development