Moodle issue or Toolbook?

Topics related to using ToolBook for building web apps.

Moodle issue or Toolbook?

Postby Robert Stevenson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I can't seem to get a score for Scorm content in Moodle for one particular grade. On screen I get a score (certificate) but in the gradebook it shows the course as complete but no score is given. When I look at the tracking details Raw score, Min score, and Max score are all blank and the cmi.suspend_data = global.SEQUENCE = [list of pages] RAWSCORE = 0

On further review it appears it is only some scorm modules and not others. Sure would be good to know what is missing from the quizzes that are not passing scores to the LMS as all of these are using catalog objects for scoring and exiting.
Last edited by Robert Stevenson on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Stevenson

Re: Moodle issue or Toolbook?

Postby Clifton » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Robert,

You may want to check the export settings for the course. Moodle is SCORM 1.2 if I recall. It doesn't recognize SCORM 2004 unless someone can confirm otherwise.

Clifton
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Robert Stevenson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm

I am exporting for 1.2
Robert Stevenson

Postby Clifton » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

If that is the case, then check if the course is discarding the score. Maybe the course exit is not sending the score and marking complete. OR, it is possible the book for some reason is not being scored before allowing the student to exit the course.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Robert Stevenson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 pm

The exit script is:

to handle buttonClick
if ASYM_OLX() = TRUE
get ASYM_ACIEndLesson(0)
else
send exit
end
end

The scoring AE (field "score" is simply on enter page to score current book.

The tracking detail in Moodle does suggest that the score isn't being sent however.
Robert Stevenson

Postby Robert Stevenson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Not at all sure why but when I changed the parameters on the scoring to NOT reset questions on scoring I get a score in the LMS. Sweet.
Robert Stevenson

Postby Clifton » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:35 am

The only time I reset a question is on enter page and only if I want the student to have another try at it. Otherwise I always leave the option to reset a question that must be scored to false. Resetting essentially makes its score appear as 0 and its attempted status is also cleared.

Anyway, I'm glad you figured this one out.
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to Web (DHTML) Development